The IRA Charitable Rollover and Required Minimum Distribution (RMD)
If you own an IRA, you can make a tax free transfer of up to $100,000 to Child Bridge, this year and into the future. When you give to Child Bridge through and IRA account, you're securing a brighter future for a child who has been a victim of abuse and neglect. Hope and healing are found in the foster and adoptive families who care for these children in their time of need.
- Donors must be 70 1/2 years old on the date of the gift
- Funds must be transferred directly to Child Bridge from an IRA
- Up to $100,000 per IRA owner may be contributed each year
- Donors recognize no taxable income on the transfer, but cannot claim an income tax deduction for the gift
- The gift can count toward the IRA owner's required minimum distribution
- The gift needs to be made by December 31st
- Contact your retirement administrator, notifying them you'd like to donate your Required Minimum Distribution (RMD), or your IRA Charitable Rollover directly to Child Bridge
- Your administrator will disperse the funds directly to Child Bridge.
- You'll need to provide your administrator with the Child Bridge address and tax ID:
Child Bridge, Inc., P.O. Box 310, Bigfork, MT 59911 Nonprofit tax ID # 27-3382066